We had done the survey within Kaagmandu Magazine community asking followers to recommend songs that can be listed in “100 Greatest Nepali Song of All Time until 2018.” Songs released after 2015 were not considered as there is a chance of cognitive bias to think of the songs that has been new and popular.
Followers had recommended their favourite songs to include in the list, out of which most frequently mentioned were picked and we have created this LIST OF NOMINATED SONGS.
- Kehi mithoo (Narayan Gopal)
- Ritu haruma timi (Arun Thapa)
- Resham (Nepathya)
- Parelima (1974 AD)
- Gajalu ti thula thula aakha (Gulam Ali)
- Saathi (Yamma Buddha)
- Kun mandir ma janchau yatri (Robin Sharma)
- Sambodhan (1974 AD)
- Sano prakash (Atomic Bush)
- Yo samjhane maan xha (Narayan Gopal)
- Jati Maya laye Pani (Arun Thapa)
- K vanne hamro samay ( Indrajeet Mijar/Prakash Shrestha)
- Kina kina timro tasbir (Gulam Ali)
- Aama le sodhlin ni khoi xora vanlin (Jhalak Man)
- Adhuro prem (Axis Band)
- Jaha chan buddha kaa akha (Bhakta Raj Acharya)
- Nachaheko hoina timilaie (The Edge)
- Taal Ko Pani (Nepathya)
- Aakha ma (Nabin K Bhattarai)
- Tunga ko dhun ma (Indrajeet Mijar)
- Aama (Yama Buddha)
- Bistarai bistarai (Rohit Jung Chetri)
- Chudaina timro maya le (1974 AD)
- Dashain Tihar (Sugam Pokharel)
- Dherai dherai aucha manma (1974 AD)
- Timi le ta hoina (Bacchu Kailash)
- Duniya lai tadha xoda
- Euta manxe ko maya le kati (Narayan Gopal)
- Gairi khet ko sirai Halyo
- ghumti maa naau (Prem Dhoj Pradhan)
- Guransai fulyo (1974 AD)
- hajar sapana haru ko (Bhakta Raj Acharya)
- Hong Kong Pokhara (Kandhara)
- Laija Chari (Yogeshwor Amatya)
- Lekali he ye choya ko doko (Ram Thapa)
- Ma mauntama aljhiraheko (Om Bikram Bista)
- maya ko dorile nisthuri mori lai (Deepak Bajracharya)
- Maya meri maya hamro milan (Crossroad Band)
- mercedes benz (Cobweb)
- Orali lageko (Ram Krishna Dhakal)
- Para laijaau ful haru (Prem Dhoj Pradhan)
- Aakha ma timi lai (Nabin K Bhattarai)
- Chiso chiso haawa maa (Danny)
- Ma hu prakriti (Shadwos)
- Phool ko aakhama (Ani Dolma)
- Resham firiri ( Buddhi Pariyar)
- Samjhana birsana (Udit Naryan)
- Syndicate (Bipul Chettri)
- Tadha tadh janu chha sathi (Bacchu Kailash)
- Thula thula mahal hoina (Karna Das)
- Waari jamuna pari jamuna (Khemraj)
- China company (Bro Sis)
- Aage aage topai ko gola (Danny)
- Auta manxe ko maya le kaaatii (Narayan Gopal)
- Chekyo chekyo deurali dada (Nepathya)
- Chulesi ma (Sanjeev Singh)
- Daiba hey (Sanup Paudel)
- Eutai sahara timro mayako
- Ritu (Deepak Bajracharya)
- Farki farki (Albatross)
- Himal sari (Narayan Gopal/Aruna Lama)
- Hukka mero (Karma)
- jindagani (Nepathya)
- k chha ra dyu timlai (Gulam Ali)
- Kati kamjor rahexa vaagya (Deep Shrestha)
- Pratikshya gara (Deepak Kharel)
- Lolayeka (Gulam Ali)
- Kanchi hai Kanchi
- Malai nasodha kaha dukhcha (Narayan Gopal)
- Subhakamana bhari (Tara devi)
- maya ko barima pirati ko ful (Udit Narayan Jha)
- Sabai thikai hunxa (Aastha Tamang Maske)
- Mohani lagla hai
- Nischal (Albatross)
- Paschatap (Divya Subba)
- Rato rani fule jhae sajhama (Danny)
- Rato tika nidarma
- Relimai relimai (Sukmit Gurung)
- Sathi (Sugam Pokhrel)
- Sayad mayama faseki
- timilai dekhera (Raju Lama)
- Timilai ma dobatoma (Nabin K Bhattarai)
- Timro tyo hasilo
- Tmi nai hau
- Ukali Orali Haruma (Tara Devi)
- Yo Mann ta Mero Nepali Ho (1974 AD)
- Maya garne ko chokho maya (Ram Krishna Dhakal)
- Sa Karnali (Nepathya)
- Lajalu muskan (Kalind Band)
- Euta chithi ko saharale (The Axe)
- Aatma ma timro aatma ma (Kamal Khatri)
- Banmaaraale banai khayo (Udit Narayan Jha)
- Zindagi ko k bharosa (Karna Das)
- Marna baru garo hunna (Phatteman)
- Aakashaima chil udyo dhartima chaya
- Jati Chot Dinxau (Bhakta raj acharya)
- Phoolai sodhe (Aruna Lama)
- Goreto ani (Sunil Bardewa)
- Timi aauxau bhanne aashai aash ma (Udit Narayan Jha)
- Chetana (Lochan Rijal)
Before we release the list of “100 Greatest Nepali Songs of All Time,” as per 2018 polling, let us know which songs from the list don’t deserve to be in the 2018 list of “100 Greatest Nepali Songs of All Time”
World in Lenses
We had asked Kmag followers to submit photos taken by them through their mobile and this is part of the collection.
On July 26, 2019, we asked KMag followers to share their mobile photography and we received many astonishing photos, out of which we selected the following photos.
Scrolling through these photos, it feels like tripping the human world through different lives and places. Try viewing this post from your PC for better experience.
Aren’t they amazing? Did it feel like tripping? Which one is your favorite? Drop a comment below.
If you too want to show your photography skill, CLICK HERE, and post a pic taken by you.
Travel Story: Flying across the Malaysian Sky
On 2015, January 23, we were about to board for the very flight which would change our entire life for the years to come. The sheer joy of new excitement and hard goodbyes to our families were still clouded while we were waiting for our flight.
We had our flight from Air Asia with 80 minutes transit in the airport of Malaysia. With all our fellow Nepalese brothers heading to gulf countries, we were the only one going to Australia. But none of us knew, even though the countries are different, we were about to fall into the same fate of labour.
There was a guy with his “Dillibazar Tailoring” as his backpack resting down at his feet. A pang of frustration had actually started in me already why remittance is the only major source of economy in my country.
After about two hours, right when air hostesses started checking boarding pass for the flight lunch, one of the Nepalese guys started acting strange. At first, he was talking with the air hostess, tapping his pants all over around. But soon he started checking all the hand carries rested at the top of the passengers. My husband said he could be that one of the agent bringing workers in overseas and he added he is faking to his companions as though he had boarding pass for the lunch. I gave my quick glance to the guy with that shopping bag and to that supposed agent guy.
Relying on the quick judgement of my husband, I noticed that guy with a golden ring and think chain around his neck and silver watch, indeed he was fairly dressed than other people on board. He frantically searched almost all the luggage of his clients for like fifteen minutes. Clearly, it seemed like he was just pretending it with a promise that he had had actually boarding pass for lunch to be served. Rest of the brothers were silent and were staring in each other doubting if they are getting it. Eventually, he gave up with the request of air-hostess to get back to the seat for trolleys to be run.
After 15minutes our meal arrived, and it made me partly awkward to be only passengers on a row with lunch being served especially when my fellow native brothers went on curious as air hostesses started dragging down the food trolleys.
It was almost 8:38 PM when we landed into the Malaysian Airport. We had barely 80 minutes of transit.Though there were no words of goodbyes among us, we parted our ways. We were anxiously queueing in the line when I noticed another fellow with all of his backpacks and luggage was standing after me. My husband casually told him, ” yo line Hami Australia janeharuko go, tapaiko yah bata hoina justo lagyo”
Shocked and terrified, we pointed the direction where his group headed where he quickly ran to catch them. And we ran through the corridor of Malaysian Airline for one last time to change the fate of our promised life after that flight…
Letter to my husband from future
An honest letter from a girl to an imaginary husband from distant future.
Being the hopeless romantic that I am, I am waiting for you. I know I will find you when the time is right, but I also can’t afford to take the risk of missing out on you just because I was too engulfed on myself. I don’t know who you are yet and what you are doing, but I pray to God that wherever you are, you be happy, safe and sound.
Damn, I wonder how you’d be like. Honestly saying, I don’t need someone perfect, the kind people write novels about. I will still fall in love with all your scars and imperfections. When we meet, feel free to tell me about your journey, the highs and the lows, the happiest days and the darkest nights. I wanna know your dreams and your aspirations, your fears and your hopes and every little thing that makes you who you are. I want to listen about all the demons in your mind, so we can fight them together. Don’t worry, I won’t get scared or run away, for I have accepted you as we you are, the complete version of you.
My darling, I have already started to picture our life together. I wanna spend my Saturdays with your arms around me, just appreciating your existence in my life. I want those Sunday mornings when I will make breakfast for you and you will drop the kids to school. I want those “You never fail to make it magical” Mondays and “With you, it’s easier to tolerate” Tuesdays. The “Is it midweek already?” Wednesdays. The “I wanna fall in love with your lazy morning face and sleepy voice” Thursdays and “Let’s movie marathon” Fridays.
I am saying all this even without meeting you in real, that itself means I am here being too honest and pure as I am, as I could. That’s me.
I wanna explore places with you. I wanna be fearless with you, stubborn yet quick-witted with you. No, I won’t expect us to be similar in everything we do. I will understand that we will have individual differences. So I wanna learn every corner of your heart and your mind, getting surprised by the new discoveries every time.
And as we grow old together, life will test us. There will be times, one of us may act moody or completely irrational, but I hope we always communicate whatever we are feeling without any hesitation and try to sort things out. I want us to keep our love before our egos. Whenever misunderstandings arise between us, which will happen for sure, I hope we don’t give up on each other at the heat of the moment. I swear, I don’t care how hard it gets, I wanna walk my whole life with you. See I am saying all this even without meeting you in real, that itself means I am here being too honest and pure as I am, as I could. That’s me.
Now, all that being said, I still have a deep fear inside my heart. Whenever I see the pain and the struggles of married women in our society, it shakes me to the core imagining what if I have to go through the same as well. They sacrificed so much for their family- even their dreams – but still they don’t get enough respect and support because patriarch sense of entitlement thinks that a woman is secondary sex. So in my life with you, I like to see myself at equal par with you, supporting, suggesting, sharing responsibilities as a life partner. That partner in there? That’s what I want in literal sense. Please consider me equal on all our highs and lows. Will you stand by my side given someday I face the worst? Will you be my voice when I stand there helpless? I hope that when we raise our children, our daughter never has to feel inferior to her male sibling. Let our children learn from us about gender equality and the essence and beauty in it. I hope you are always a strong role model for them, and lead them through example. Most of all, I hope that you are a family man, for whom “family always comes first” before anything else. Hope, I am not asking for too much. I am just making things clear from the distant past itself.
Anyway, right now, I am struggling to find right words but one day when you are by my side, everything that I am feeling right now, will fit to make perfect sense.
Can’t wait to see you and meet you for real. Until then, take care of yourself, your health and your world. As the time comes right, Universe shall connect us and I will show you this mail written for you, long before we met, and we will laugh together. Yes, this little crazy soul you gonna meet some day.
Yours in ways you don’t know yet.
Shop To Support
Follow Us on Facebook
Life&Stuffs5 days ago
Dear suicidal minds
My Story4 days ago
My rape story
Critical Thinking1 week ago
How to break the cycle?
Arts & Literature1 week ago
Write-Up Comedy: Entrepreneurs From Nepal
Videos1 week ago
Jindagi Ko Gaadi – Ishan R. Onta
Speak-Up2 days ago
Is it right or wrong?
Arts & Literature6 hours ago
Letter to my husband from future
Life&Stuffs1 week ago
A week without Facebook and experience so far